Fast Facts about San Antonio, Texas:
1. The River Walk, which began as a 1930’s WPA flood control project, is now a 2½-mile section of the San Antonio River bordered with flagstone paths and lush vegetation winding through this urban center.
2. For 13 days, Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie fought the repeated attacks by General Santa Anna’s army in the Battle of the Alamo.
3. Tex-Mex is a regional American cuisine that originated from a combination of authentic Mexican and Spanish dishes prepared Texas-style.
4. The beautiful Westin La Cantera Resort was a PGA Tour stop for 15 years.
5. Two impressive features of the Resort at Tapatio Springs are the course elevation changes and part-owner George Strait.
Golfing in San Antonio, Texas
This historic city started as the site for a Spanish mission and has grown to become a robust economic center with a rich culture. In the heart of the city stands the Alamo, a restored mission and site of the famous battle. Nearby, the River Walk is lined with shops, hotels and restaurants. Sample the Tex-Mex cuisine or take a stroll. Rest your feet, hop on board and take a guided tour to enjoy the view from the water. Whether it is the wild rides at Six Flags Fiesta Texas or the wild creatures at the San Antonio Zoo and SeaWorld, this city is loaded with fun attractions. Better yet, try a round of golf in San Antonio’s incredible Hill Country where everything is Texas-sized. The courses are placed in the natural lay of spectacular scenery with expansive grassy areas and abundant oaks and cedars in the rolling landscape. Fill the big shoes of PGA tour golfers and play TPC San Antonio, home to the Valero Texas Open. Don’t miss an opportunity to golf while being surrounded by such natural beauty and expertly designed courses in the heart of Texas.
Build Your Custom Texas Golf Package
Craft the perfect Texas golf trip from a huge selection of golf courses, hotels and resorts, and vacation packages. With a few simple clicks, you can create a custom golf package, or select one of our traditional vacation packages. Choose from the best golf resorts and top courses in San Antonio, Texas. We make golf vacation planning easy and rewarding! Whether you are traveling with a companion, a few friends or a large group, we offer customized golf packages to fit your taste, budget and needs. Contact our golf experts to start planning your Texas golf trip today!