It goes without saying, that New Orleans is one of the most unique cities in the United States. With one-of-a-kind restaurant choices, memorable nightlife, the famous Bourbon Street and awarding winning spas and accommodations, there is plenty to do and see…if only travelers could tear themselves away from the city’s beautiful fairways. Golf has a long history in New Orleans, one of the oldest Tour stops, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans started in 1939 and currently is played at the fantastic TPC Louisiana. If a pro-level course sounds intimidating, the scenic 100+ year old course, Audubon Park, is the only golf course in the US that can be reached by street car, and is one of the most beautifully intimate courses in the city. Both of these courses are signature stops on Louisiana's Audubon Golf Trail, so quality is guaranteed. Warm year round temperatures and a major cruise line seaport make New Orleans a perfect vacation from the cold and the mundane. Try the gumbo or the other signature culinary dishes originating from the city, but a steady diet of birdies, eagles, and other fowl life are the best way to experience New Orleans.
GolfThere.com's Fast Facts About Golf in New Orleans, Louisiana:
- While your putting may be a nightmare, TPC Louisiana is a golfer's dream. Players are recommended not to pinch themselves or others in the middle of an opponent's backswing.
- Two Audubon Golf Trail courses, and too much quality for just one trip.
- Two professional sports teams, a PGA tour stop, and college athletics make New Orleans a great city for sports enthusiasts.
- It's always better with warm weather.
- Variety is the spice of life, and New Orleans is life's spice cabinet. If it exists it can be found in New Orleans...golf vacations included.
Custom Golf Vacation Packages for New Orleans
Do you want to explore pristine golf courses with breathtaking views and impressive resort? Do you need a custom New Orleans golf vacation package designed with your taste, group size and budget in mind? With GolfThere, you can create the perfect golf trip from a huge selection of New Orleans golf courses, resorts, and other world vacation destinations. Our golf package experts can help you create the New Orleans golf trip of your dreams! By contacting GolfThere today, you can plan your next golf vacation to a number of popular destinations! Call, Email or Book Online Today!