A country whose main exports are the color green and St. Paddy’s Day paraphernalia, Ireland is also widely regarded as one of the best golf destinations in the world. An island with a mythology consisting of leprechauns, shelalees, and Celtic druids, GolfThere.com is pleased to add dream golf packages to the mythos and lure of Ireland. The Emerald Isle takes national pride in the color green, and you’ll be glad they do when you play their renown fairways and greens. It might hurt just a little to take a divot on such a beautiful landscape, but after the timid first swing the lush countryside will coerce you into a frenzy of backswings, downswings, and follow-throughs. Travelers are always welcome as the Irish are a friendly people and are more than happy to share their passions and golf courses with visiting golfers. It’s hard to be angry if you live in a location this beautiful. Ireland golf courses are surrounded by such natural beauty it’s almost obscene…upon returning home, most traveling golfers will find it challenging to cope with their own country’s lack of vibrant beauty and lack of colors. Golf packages include many options, but Doonbeg, Lough Erne, and Druids Glen are not only mandatory, they measure against the best in the world. It’s not often that a trip can be the vacation of a lifetime, but any trip that involves the emerald knolls and valleys of Ireland, guarantees a dream vacation that you previously thought was unattainable.
GolfThere.com’s Fast Facts for Golfing in Ireland:
- There really doesn’t need to be a reason to visit. Golfing in Ireland is a dream for every golfer.
- If your nickname is the Emerald Isle, it’s either because you have some wonderful gem mines, or because the color green is your specialty.
- Customs give a thorough bag check of all golfers to make certain they aren’t trying to smuggle pieces of Doonbeg’s eighteenth fairway back home with them.
- Lough Erne is exactly the reason why the phrase “the luck o’ the Irish” exists.
- Druids Glen is maintained and run by leprechauns. That is a lie, but only because you can’t handle the truth of how gorgeous this course is.
Don't forget to check out our new Irish Luxe Golf Trail page, a collection of Ireland's most beautiful and exciting courses.