Fast Facts about Port St. Lucie:
1. With 166,000 residents, Port St. Lucie is Florida’s ninth largest city by population.
2. Frederick Douglass Memorial Beach on Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce is one of the only places in Florida where you can ride a horse on the beach.
3. The world record sea trout was caught in the Indian River Lagoon in Fort Pierce. It weighed in at 17+ pounds.
4. Port St. Lucie is home to the PGA Museum of Golf, a museum dedicated to the history of the game.
5. Fort Pierce is home to Heathcote Botanical Gardens, which houses the nation’s largest collection of tropical bonsai trees.
Golfing in Port St. Lucie, Florida
The beautiful city of Port Saint Lucie is a must see for those planning a golf vacation in Southern Florida. Lined with beautiful, white sandy beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, Port St. Lucie defines a Florida paradise. The sun shines constantly, with an average of 64 degree weather during the coldest times of the year. With 39 parks, a state preserve, several walking trails, a weekly green market, and dozens of fishing locations, Port St. Lucie is ideal for the nature lover. Port St. Lucie is also the spring home of the New York Mets, and home to the Minor League baseball team, the St. Lucie Mets. In addition to the constant bustling activities, Port St. Lucie holds the legendary PGA Village. The PGA Village has some of the best courses in the nation, as well as some of the most beautiful courses. Decorated with beautiful Florida Palms, bright greens, and glistening ponds, PGA Village aims to please golfers of any type. With incredible weather, constant activity, and beautiful golf courses, Port St. Lucie is a must see for anyone looking for some fun in the sun!
Build Your Custom Florida Golf Package
Craft the perfect Florida golf trip from a huge selection of golf courses, hotels and resorts, and vacation packages. With a few simple clicks, you can create a custom golf package, or select one of our traditional vacation packages. Choose from the best golf resorts and top courses in Destin, Miami, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and other cities in Florida. We make golf vacation planning easy and rewarding! Whether you are traveling with a companion, a few friends or a large group, we offer customized golf packages to fit your taste, budget and needs. Contact our golf experts to start planning your Florida golf trip today!